Tuesday, July 6, 2010

96- new workweek and H.O.T.

It's back at it for me with the 'workweek.'  I drove back to my apartment today and am working 6-2 for the next three days at the bakery.  I got Saturday off to do a race up north that I have been doing for 6 years ago.  It is a 15K, and even though my training is just starting, I wanted to to it 'for fun.'  I still have no internet at my apartment and some am mooching off of yet another coffee shop immediately post-run before I go home.  Since I am spending half weeks up north (with internet) and half weeks at my place (where there are alot of nearby coffee shops) I probably will just deal with the no internet for the rest of the summer to keep saving $$$.

In other news, it is HOT.  And I like it hot, but it is hot even for a person who likes it hot!  Case and point, when I got back to my apartment after the drive south today and had .2 seconds to change before meeting my friends to run, it was 87 degrees in my apartment!  And all the blinds were closed and everything!  I turn my air off when I go, but I'm pretty sure that it is not legal for me to let it get that hot in there.  I'm hoping it has cooled off when I get home tonite so I can get some sleeps!

Running wise, good day.  My schedule called for a 10/4 split today.  I did 10 miles this morning up north- 4 with my mom, and then I dropped her off and ran into town for the additional 6 miles.  Luckily I had a 5 dollar bill in my pocket because I was so thirsty when I got to town and was waiting for my mom to pick me up.  Mmmm Powerade Zero....As I was walking down the street from the IGA to where my mom was meeting me (while chugging my powerade zero) my shorts were so wet that they were "swishing" like I had just been swimming.  Yeah, gross but true.

Then it was drive, drive, drive.....

I got home and changed to meet Mike + others for a chill run around town.  We stuck to subdivisions to optimize shade.  We ended up doing 5 miles, so it was a 10/5 split for me.  What's an extra mile between friends? ;)

That's all I got.  I expect the next few days here to fly by due to basically being consumed by running and working.  Just the way I like it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment