Friday, July 16, 2010

86- dragging

I wouldn't say that I 'like' getting up at 3:30am to get my first run in on days that I work.  However, most of the time I don't mind it *too* much.  But every once in awhile, read: today, it stinks.  I laid in bed from about 3am to 3:30am counting the minutes.  I started going through scenarios in my head: Could I get my milage in later? (no) Could I get my milage tomorrow? (no) Would I feel more well rested getting up at 5am and going straight to work? (no)  Would I feel crappy because I skipped out on my run? (yes)  Am I alittle crazy for running at 4am? (yes) Am I OK with being alittle crazy? (yes)  Needless to say, at 3:29am, I dragged my butt out of bed!

I decided to do my shakeout morning 5 miler on the treadmill at my apartment.  Something about hitting the dark streets kind of freaked me out this morning.  It was actually really nice.  (Obviously) no one else was at the apartment gym, I got to rock out to my ipod, and I got to catch up on World News via closed captioning.  I nice change of pace.  Plus, my morning runs have been so slow based upon the darkness and my lack of mental focus, so this allowed me to dial in a respectable pace and go.  Overall, good.

Work went fast as usual, and before I knew it I was changing in my car at work for run #2.  I debated doing yesterday's planned tempo, but honestly I was just too tired.  I'm glad I did the run and got the milage in, so I decided to be OK with that.  Besides, it was 91 degrees and in the middle of the day so I just let my legs guide the pace.  6 miles at 8:09 pace is what they wanted on a new loop around the Bakehouse.  Overall, a good recovery day.

Now, I'm at the coffee shop for one last evening.  It is 5:48pm and I'm seriously ready for bed.  Tomorrow, just one short run (Saturday's are my easiest days of the week) + Bakeshop shift and then driving up north!  Hopefully skiing + running + relaxation are on tap for the next few days, plus a roadtrip with my mom.  Should be good times! :)

I'm off to pack and SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment