Saturday, July 17, 2010

85- from Slacker to perfect evening...

So there was no way I was going to get up at 3:30am to run this morning before work.  Even though I had my easiest, shortest run of the last 3 weeks, it just was not going to happen. I felt stressed just thinking about it going to bed last night, so when the alarm went off, I reset it for 4:45 and fell back asleep.  I wrote off the day as a rest day as it has been over a month and I felt exhausted.  So, I headed off to work 6-2, then immediately onto the drive up north.  Suddenly, I felt very positive about everything.  My 'workweek' was over, and I realized that I would be up north by 6pm.  Why not run then? 

So I did.  And it was a perfect evening.

I got up north, said 'hi' to the parents, and immediately headed for the hills.  I took some short trails and sort of just 'ran around' without looking at my Garmin.  6 miles went by fast.  7:38 pace on the hills of up north.  Felt good.  Glad I did the run and stuck to my training plan. 

Immediately upon getting home, my pops already had the boat uncovered.  We hopped on with drinks and had a 'booze cruise' (lol) + skiing.  Skiing was amazing tonite.  The lake was perfect.  Everything felt right.  Late dinner on the deck post-ski.  Perfect as well.  Good day.

Long run in the morning.  As much as I would love to finally succeed in 'beating the heat,' I'm realistic enough to know that it won't happen.  Sleep will win!

Happy weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment