Wednesday, July 28, 2010

74- 'meh' run and ant attack!

Well, it was bound to happen.  After running a marathon Sunday, and having good training runs since, this morning's run was finally a FAIL.  On the schedule was a 21 mile day: 14 in the morning, and 7 at night.  Unfortunately, between being hot, hungry, and having a huge storm, I slept terribly.  And woke up with some stomach issues that lead me to begin my run late and a bit dehydrated.....I picked a new route and didn't know that there was a 2 mile uphill between miles 5-7.  I was dying of thirst and my pace was dropping fast when I came into town at mile 9.  Even a powerade zero and my 'magic muffin' that I've been eating during longer-ish runs didn't help.  Finally pulled myself home, but it was ugly.  Ugh.....

Needless to say, I was less than fired up about my 7 miler.  Butt, my excitement increased a bit when my mom agreed to pick me up from the beach.  I LOVE being able to have a destination and not an out and back or a loop course.  I seriously think of it like a treat!  Luckily, since I was better hydrated, this run was much better.  More even splits averaging 7:52.  Goood times.  So good to have a 21 mile day under my belt, glad I stuck it out.

On to the second part of my post title....

So I abandoned my powerade bottle and muffin wrapper in the bushes along my route this morning.  Sooo, being the good citizen that I am, I drove back tonite to pick it up.  I grabbed the wrapper and bottle, dumped them on my passenger seat and drove home.  Apparently I'm the most unobservant person on earth because when I got home and picked them off the seat, I realized that there were TONS of ants EVERYWHERE on the wrapper!  I seriously screamed, through them out the window, but there were still ants crawling in my car and on my purse!  Sooo, I ran inside and grabbed the two quickest 'chemicals' - bug spray and windex!  It must have looked pretty comical watching me windex down my entire front seats + purse + wrapper so I could throw it away!  Yeah, I freaked out.  I still feel like stuff is crawling on me, even though I took off and shook out my clothes.  Ewwwww.  I'm a dork.

Ok, I'm off to finish baking some muffins.  Plus, have a snack so I don't wake up hungry again tonite!  Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. oh well we all have fails. way to push yourself though. it just means that the next run will be spectacular! :)

    and oh no about the ants! i'm currently experiencing an ant infestation at my house and it's freaking me out.

    ReplyDelete