Thursday, April 15, 2010

4- the anti-confidence building tempo

Boo, I hate to say it, but tonite's tempo was just that- anti-confidence building.  I met up with my boston bud at our thursday night group.  We were going to do a 4 mile tempo @ 7:15 pace, which I figured would feel easy compared to last week's 5 mile tempo @ 6:42ish pace.  Well, the first mile felt easy!  The rest felt just as hard as last week!  It was hot.  84 degrees, but I like the heat! I just wish is had felt easier.  We ended up running 7:20, 7:04, 7:04, 7:15 for the tempo miles and almost 7 miles total, so we did it.  I just was alittle discouraged with how tough it felt!
I swam this morning.  Now, the next three days are my 'taper.'  I'm training through and using Boston as my long run for the weekend, but I still want fresher legs than I felt tonite.  I guess I'm just freaking out a bit.  My cold is still kicking hard and I'm debating about getting antibiotics tomorrow, but fear it is too close to the race.  Tonite at run club we had a "Tea Party" because 5 members are going to Boston.  It was fun, but I think just made me realize how close it is!  It was super nice, because my running bud there brought in gluten free cookies for me, because I can never eat the food other people bring.  Andd, he let me take home the leftovers because he know I'm poor.  So thoughtful, it seriously made my day!

Ok, I'm off.  One more day of jobs x2 to get through.  Plus a SHORT run and swim.  And cleaning my apartment.  And packing.  I want to run RIGHT NOW!!!!

Take care everyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. jeez that is hot! if it's truly a cold then antibiotics won't help (colds are viral). just keep drinking LOTS of water and get some sleep!

    and don't worry about the blahhhh tempo. i've had many of them this training cycle. it's time to forget them and go rock boston! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I found you through your feature on Tina's blog today, and am always excited to find more bloggettes from Michigan. Saw you mention the Bayshore- I am from TC, and am actually a coordinator for the Girls on the Run program that will be running their 5K on the Bayshore trail the Friday before the full marathon! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete