Friday, April 9, 2010

10- eyes.....closing....

Its only alittle past 7:30pm, and I'm SO ready for bed!  Today was busy, but good overall.  Tomorrow will be even crazier.  I switched my work shift so that I could pace one of my Thursday night run club friends in a half marathon tomorrow.  I'm not really sure what is in store pace-wise other than the fact that he wants to negative split it.  This will be great practice for me too!  Anddd, he is getting me a free jacket from the race! Score!  Moral of the story is, I will be up at 4:30am to get to the race (starts at 7am).  Thennn, I have to be back to work by 11:30am-7:30pm.  And then, I need to drive home to my parents' house to cat sit for the night.  It will be a long, but hopefully fun day!

But first, today!  I worked a super short shift at the bakery today (6am-10am) so I had a window of time to run before rushing off to teach.  I knew I had an hour tops, and I wanted to maximize my distance in this time- enter my 8 mile loop!  I almost squeeked it in (1:00:15).  In hindsight, I probably should have chilled out on the pace because my quads were alittle tired from yesterday night's tempo and I want to have my A-game to pace my buddy tomorrow.  Oh well.  I really wanted to do a second run, but because of forementioned reasons, went to the pool after teaching tonite.  My swim was pretty bad, honestly.  I hate going to the Y after work because it is crowded.  And, today I had to pee and was very hungry halfway through my swim.  I totally could not find my groove and felt like I was swimming through quicksand.  Oh well.  They can't all be great, can they?

Ok, honestly, I am going to bed now.  And I'm OK with it.  These pre-5am alarms start to catch up to me!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment