Wednesday, April 28, 2010

31- elbow tan!?!

Ok, I'll just get right to it, because I gotta crash soon....

Today = good running day.  Running 15 miles this morning was close to ideal.  I got to run between 9am and 11am ish, the temp was perfect.  It was sunny (which I LOVE) but alittle more windy than I would have liked.  As I mentioned before, where I live now is really cool in that I can go in the direction of the 'city' or the 'country' when I am running.  Today I did a new rolling-hill route through country roads.  I went by a few farm and saw (and smelled....) quite a few horses and goats!  It was actually really pleasant.  I held a 8:10 pace on average, which I am OK with right now.  The worst part was having to jump in the car right away for my 45 minute commute!  Not so great on the legs....

Which brings me to post-work.  I met up with my running club at a local 5K, which was really nice in that it was on my way home from work.  I ran the '1 mile fun run' with my friends' little daughter, which was super cute!  Then, it was time for the 5K.  After putting in 16+ miles at this point, I had no expectations except to have fun and not totally embarress myself.  I haven't raced a 5K in awhile and my speed is pretty lacking right now.  I was acutally really happy with it though- I felt decent and ran a 20:29 without feeling like I was pushing too hard.  Andd, in combination with all my running today made for a 20 mile day (with additional running at the 5K).  Not bad for a Wednesday!  And I got a sweet mug for placing!  Free stuff makes me happy :)  And one of my students was there and did really well too!  I was so proud of her- too cute!

Legs are TIRED now though.  I will push through it tomorrow, but it will be more chill pace/distance wise.  My post title is referring to the fact that I am getting a tan in the creases of my elbows from having bent arms while running.  Sweeeet.  You know you're a runner when........

And I'm off to get ready to do it all over again....

2 comments:

  1. awesome running day! and i totally have the elbow tan too. and the sock one. no sports bra yet though hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on taking home some hardware! Great running day. I have no elbow tan yet, but I'm sure it will be coming very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete