Sunday, August 1, 2010

70- apparently I'm a slow learner...

70 days = 10 weeks = eeek!

So, although I call myself a runner and am an educated person, sometimes you wouldn't think so!  Today I made all the mistakes regarding my long run that I have been making and then blogging about during this training cycle.  Hmm, let's list them, shall we?

- waiting to leave until almost 11am when the temps are 85-90 degrees out and the sun is up full force
- planning a 'new' route that "probably" goes by a gas station so I can get some water...um yeah, that was a fail.
- going out too fast before realizing that there would be no water coming for awhile
- wearing my ipod even though I never turned it on! hense just adding dead weight to my arm and reinforcing my bad tan lines...

So yeah, lots of stupidity led to a slow-ish run.  18 miles at 8:38 pace.  I would have liked it to be longer and faster, but you can't win them all, ya know?  The route was really pretty, dirt roads and rolling hills for the first 10 miles or so.  I'd do it again- just not in this heat!  I got just under 100 miles in this week so that is good.  Plus, I have time off from the bakery which means that my sleep won't (hopefully) be so deprived by my long run day next week and can do it at a reasonable hour!  Heck, I might even 'treat' myself to doing it on Saturday because this Saturday will be the first Saturday I have had off in forever and the last I will have off in forever for the markets.

Other than that...hmm, that was basically my day.  I guess that's what happens when you sleep in entirely too late, run long/slow, swim, lunch, nap, then drive up to Panera to go online!  I do have to tidy up/pack up tonite to go back up north tomorrow morning.  So. Pumped.

Hope everyone had a great day!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a lot of my runs! i'm always like "i swear i'm smarter than this!" hahah

    still a really amazing run. girl i can't wait to see what you can do in chicago. seriously seriously pumped :)

    have fun up north! too bad you're not heading out east ;)

    ReplyDelete