Thursday, August 26, 2010

45- True Life: I'm addicted to the Kroger 10 for 10

For those of you that don't have the pleasure of having a Kroger grocery store by you, allow me to enlighten you about the magic that is the 10 for 10.  This means that something in the store is on sale 10 item for 10$.  Although I get the majority of all of the food I eat now at the Farmer's market and I buy about 95% local, I am hopelessly addicted to grapes.  So, today as I went into Kroger for something I need for my class tomorrow, I got ridiculous excited because grapes were 10lbs for 10$.  So I bought 6lbs of grapes.  For 6$.  I'm hoping that they atleast last me a week, but I'm not counting on it....

In other news, I survived my first day!  I was actually pretty fun, although tiring.  I'm teaching 5 classes and my voice is seriously sore from yammering on about syllabi and class policies and such.  I'm just really glad to have it behind me.  My classes are much bigger than last year (by private school standards) so I have lots of names to learn and more management (ugh) to do.  But, all the kids seem decent so I'm pretty pumped.  Plus, I like being around them.  It's a lot of work, but at the same time I sometimes laugh about the fact that they are paying me!  Unfortunately, school goes later this year until 4:45 rather than 4:30 so my just-bearly-beating-traffic of last year doesn't happen and I get stuck in horrendous traffic now getting home.  I'm not good at traffic.  Or being patient.  The commute is already 40 minutes on a perfect day, and now it is another hour to get home.  Which is a bummer.

And running.  I did that today.  This morning actually.  Felt bad still.  boo.  I dont' know what's up with me...

Tomorrow = crazy.  I'm up at 3:45 to get to the bakery before 5am to work a short shift until 9am to be teaching by 10am. And then run after. Atleast it is Friday, which is really my Thursday because I gotta market it up on Saturday.  Good times.

I'm out to prep and pack all my crap up for the day.

1 comment:

  1. yay for getting through that first day! i think it's probably the toughest for teachers but the easiest for kids. all you do is go over syllabi. as a nerd i hated it for that reason. i wanted to LEARN haha

    ReplyDelete