Tuesday, March 2, 2010

48- my week begins now

That is seriously how I feel about tonite- my week really starts now.  I work alllll day tomorrow (12 hours, both jobs) plus swim class at night, plus trying to squeeze a run in.  Thursday is another triple workout day + long day of teaching, and Friday is jobs x 2, plus running and driving to my parents' house to cat sit.  And Saturday is the normal 6am-2pm bakery shift + 1 hour commute each way from my parents'.  Yikes!

Today was good, despite this lingering intense fatigue I am having.  It feels like I am sooo tired and ready for bed by the time I get home from work at 6pm.  This morning is was totally tough to get up, despite 10 hours of sleep.  I'm still thinking it may be nutrition related/not eating enough carbs.  It sounds weird a runner not eating enough carbs, but honestly, since I'm gluten free, I rarely eat bread/pasta/oatmeal/etc because the GF types are so $$pricey.  So although I don't eat 'low carb' by any means, the majority of my diet is fruits, veggies, dairy, and meat.  Perhaps the increase in training in the last 3 weeks + the fact that both of my jobs (especially the bakery) are physical in nature is catching up to me.  Because I just want to sleeeeeeep.

Ok, that was depressing.  Onto better things!  Despite feeling like I got run over by a truck, I set out on my normal Tuesday 10 miler, putting no pressure on myself about pace.  It was tough at first, but I ended feeling really strong and my pace was a full 40sec/mile faster than last week!!!!  The conditions were better, but not perfect so I am pleased.  The weirdest thing was how cold my hands were!  I was wearing gloves, my normal jacket, and shorts (which were alittle cold in 23 degree weather), but by the end my hands were HURTING they were so cold.  I literally collapsed inside my apartment and just laid on them for a full 5 minutes until they stopped throbbing enough for me to drive to the Y.  Weerirrd.  I had a good strength session too.  Glad I was able to fit it all in before work today.

Well, I gotta run.  I'm off to this 'young adults' church group thingy.  Just another thing to add to my week, but I'm hoping it is fun!

Peace!

3 comments:

  1. nice run but you need to eat more carbs. i get a lot of mine through fruits. don't know if that'll work for you but carbs = muscle energy

    good luck tmrw: sounds like you have a packed day. note to self: do not complain about busy wednesday haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I feel like I should know this, but were you formally diagnosed with a gluten intolerance? I have been living with gastric nightmares for too long -- finally going to the doc, but I'm not eliminating anything until a test confirms. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ee: I had several years of really bad GI stuff. After LOTS of tests, it was found that a part of my pancreas is damaged. Because of the effects on it, it was suggested that I try eating GF. It has helped IMMENSELY. It is seriously not worth it to me; in the time I have been GF (8 months or so) I have 'slipped up' maybe two or three times and regretted it. My GI stuff has improved, and also other seemingly unrelated problems have gotten better as well (ie headaches, etc). I agree though about getting tested before anything. Keep working to find an answer. It was literally a year before my problems were figured out (via an endoscopic ultrasound). Keep pressing! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete