Wednesday, May 12, 2010

17- track workout and such

Hmm, what to say about today....

Not much out of the ordinary happend.  My running distance-wise was low because I worked both jobs today and had limited time.  I prioritized sleeping after a 19 mile day yesterday, over getting up at 3:45am to run.  Sooo, that left tonite.  Track workout night!  dooo doo doooooooo

I met up with Mike and a couple others at the track.  Mike told me to 'pick' so I decided on a ladder-type workout with limited rest.  We did 400, 600, 800, 800, 600, 400, with decent-paced 400 jog rests in between.  + wu and cd came to 7 miles.  The repeats got harder as we were more and more winded at the start of each one because the rest was so short/fast.  Overall, I think it was a good workout though because we had to practice being tired/out of breath and pushing through.  I'm hoping this will come in handy in oh, about 17 days......

Wanna know a secret?  I'm taking a "mental health day" tomorrrow.  I've been wanting to all year, and finally decided tomorrow is the day (because I will 'loose' my vacation days after this week).  Which means that I'll be running a 20 miler (knock on wood) because I can't this weekend as I am working and going to Cedar Point with my school.  The day will also involve copious amounts of napping, eating, and cleaning my apartment.  I'm so excited.  Finally, being a teacher is paying off!  It felt so good to turn in my sub-plans today and go, knowing that I don't have to drive back tomorrow.  Sometimes a girl just needs to regroup, ya know?  And my regrouping just-so-happens to involve running for 3 hours or so.....  :)

Have a good night/day all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment