Friday, October 1, 2010

11, 10, 9 - its on the forcast...

I don't know what is going on with me, but somehow the marathon nerves + my decreased milage have made me stay away from my beloved blog!  But alas, I am back.

Yes, it is true- marathon day is on the forcast.  Calling for 51-67 degree temps and showers in Chicago.  Yikes.  Actually, I'm ok with that.  I fear wind the most.  And showers = cloudy skies = less chance for wind.  So yeah.  We will see.  It is bound to change about 100x before 10/10/10.

The second half of my week has been...ok.....I haven't been as productive as I should have, but I have still gotten a decent amount of work done.  My mental funk is still alive, but I'm trying to kick it to the curb.  I have got a nice amount of sleep this week, which makes a huge difference in my mental status so that is good.  Running wise, Wednesday was some sort of easy run with a massive hill repeat ('heartbreak' that I trained on last spring).  8:17 pace overall?  Maybe??  Yesterday, I did 10 miles split into a decent 6.5 miles in the morning, and a short 3.5 shakeout with my running group.  The morning run was at 7:41 pace, which felt a bit harder than I wish it did.  Then, at night after doing the first couple miles with my group, I broke off to go back early (which took major self restraint on my part!)  The first couple of miles with them were at a 9 minute pace, so I decided just to see where my body naturally went on it's own after.  Splits: 7:42, 7:22!  That was good, because I seriously barely felt like I sped up!

Today, I contemplated doing my last 'long run' ie; 10 miles because I've been doing my longs on Fridays.  But, with 9 days and knowing I will be majorly tapering the miles next week, I decided to hold off until Sunday.  Although I hate pushing back a long run, I figure that 10 miles isn't really long so physically and mentally it shouldn't be too tough after market day tomorrow.  So yeah.  Easy run today.  Felt OK.  I'll leave it at that.  I left G-man at home because I didn't want to obsess about pace.  At this point, it is all about relaxing, staying loose, and trying to stay fresh for the next week or so.

The rest of today has been spent writing tests and reviews and doing tons of errands.  I want to be really prepared because I know next weekend = zero time for prep work so therefore I need to be fully ready to teach for two weeks.  And, I'm trying to get a really good handle on my "October Finances".  I am very financially responsible, but need to keep better track of things as I am saving money now with my 2 jobs.  The joys of adulthood....

Off to keep at it!  Happy Weekend!

ps. I changed my blog layout.  Because I'm wild and crazy like that!  Hope it is more pleasing to the eye!

1 comment:

  1. i noticed the new blog layout in your last post. i like it :)

    woooooooooooooot for extra sleep. sleep = HUGE mental boost.

    not to woot-ish? finances. i need to make my plan for this month too. ugh. i'm trying to save mucho dinero too.

    ReplyDelete