Thursday, October 7, 2010

4, 3 nervous. breakdown.

Ugh, I feel like my posts have all been such buzz kills lately!  I really hate to whine/vent on the blog, but sometimes it has to happen.  Like now.

This week has been crazy.  Honestly, it has been too much.  In my head and body, taper maddness is in full force.  Which I could deal with if it wasn't for my schedule this week.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Today I was up at 3:30am and at the bakery by 4:30am.  Teaching from 10:30-5, killing myself in traffic because every road in Michigan is under construction.  Running after work.  Getting home by 7 or 8pm.  Too. Much.  Today, I seriously almost had a nervous breakdown.  I busted ass to get to my school on time, after working all morning making pasties at the bakery.  Then, I got to the parking lot and just sat there and wanted to cry!  It was so ridiculous, but for a couple of minutes I couldn't even force myself in!  Thursdays are particularly bad because I teach PE too, so my 'prep' period is no longer and I have to teach 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th periods straight.  2 x 7th grade science, high school girls PE, high school physics, high school chem, and honors high school chem all in a row.  Which was especially rough today.  Which I think is why I just wanted to sit in my car and start crying!  Uggghhh, I'm so lame!

The only good news is: I survived it.  Today.  This week.  And, I will not be working tomorrow as I am flying to Chicago!  So, I will be going to bed by 8pm tonite and plan to sleep until 8am.  I'm hoping that will screw my head on straighter than it is right now.

And running.  yeah.  Bad news is, my legs feel like lead on the riduculously short runs I've been doing the past couple of days.  Good news is, my paces are decent.  Yesterday, I met up with my dad at his work (he works ~ 5 miles from where I work) and ran.  I first did 2 miles on my own, then 3 with him for an easy five miler.  My miles = 7:19, 7:20.  Woah there tiger!  Today, I did 3 miles.  I almost blew it off completely to be honest.  My legs felt dead and my whole body felt jiggly.  Miles = 7:34, 7:44, 7:54.  They felt like about 10 minute pace, and I couldn't imagine doing any more!  I'm hoping it is just cuz I'd been working allll day before I ran.  Jeez, I'm freaking out!

Ok, that's it.  I'll hopefully have a better update tomorrow.  For now, I just feel exhausted and it is messing with my head.  I feel slow, fat, crazy, and insane!  Need. Sleeps.

I'm out...

2 comments:

  1. girl do not, i repeat, DO NOT feel bad about venting. it's kind of what i do every post. legit.

    and don't forget: during the taper the legs always feel like lead. it's ALWAYS been the case with me. you are a ROCKSTAR. don't forget that either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done great with balancing everything. Good luck at your race! No matter what, you're a winner and always will be! :)

    ReplyDelete