Monday, October 25, 2010

Picture Time!

No don't worry, I haven't forgotten about my blog, or my loyal blog readers!  My life has just been work-work-work lately so I don't have a whole lot to blog about, seeing as I expect very few people want to hear about the drama of teaching middle and high school science or working crazy early shifts at a bakery.  However, my sis sent me a few pics from the marathon, and I decided to share!  I mostly look like a freak, but that's ok because we're all friends here!


This is me in front of the big ass 10-10-10 sign.  Since I'm a super-nerd, I'm holding up ten fingers in honor of my 10th marathon on 10-10-10.  Ha.  Props to my sister for shooting/successfully cropping out the 1001 other people in the area attempting to take the same picture, lol.  Although probably no one was quite as cool as me having it be their #10....


And this little beauty above must be from some point late in the race, as the word 'struggle' is pretty much written all over my face!  Actually, I don't look *quite* as bad as the guy grimacing next to me!  I do like this picture because of what my sister did making it black and white and the contrast and everything.  My sister is actually a really talented up-and-coming photographer.  You should check her out on her flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessmartin24/


And last, but certainly not least is a lovely picture from post-race.  Yes, that is a bad of ice on my head.  Yes, it felt amazing.  This is myself and my bro-in-law waiting for the El.  I am attempting to give my signiture 'peace sign' however, it seems the heat and fatigue of running a killer-bad marathon has effected my fingers' ability to straighten.  Therefore, I look more like I am giving bunny ears to an imaginary friend or something...

So there you have it.  Pictures!  Such a rarity on my blog, especially since I put my sweet digital camera through the wash last winter....

And with that, I leave you.  I have an extra early, though extra fun day tomorrow.  I must be at the bakery a bit after 3am to get my morning stuff done.  Why you ask?  Because I am then going to this conference in Lansing about "Making it in Michigan."  Basically, a conference devoted to seeing if you have a food product to market and how to make it happen.  This is exciting because as you may know, it is my goal in the not-so-distant future to have my own bakery.  Plus, I am very into buying local and keeping my $$ spent on Michigan made products (hey, somebody has got to support this stuggling state!)  So, I get to spend a whole day (after the early bakery hours) listening and learning and sampling products.  While a sub babysits...err...teaches my students.  This is what I call a personal day! :) I'm very excited.

Ok, with that I am off.  I don't think I have ever had to set my alarm for 2:xx am.  But tomorrow will be a first....

2 comments:

  1. ewwwwwwwww for that wakeup. you might as well not even go to bed ;)

    great pictures. and, honestly, we all mostly look like freaks so it's okay hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 AM? Yuck! Haha. That's what I call dedication ;)

    Nice pics! I don't think you look bad at all. I'm a nerd, too, so I can appreciate the 10 fingers with 10-10-10. Heh.

    ReplyDelete