Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good run, Good times, and Good eats!


Good afternoon!
The above is one of my most favorite pictures (obviously not because I look awesome..ha...) but because I'm with my mixer! The story behind the green mixer- I have been telling my mom that I wanted one for my college graduation present since my freshman year. As an amateur baker looking to further my career, it is a must! Finally, after 5 long years I graduated and my mom pulled through for me - I am the proud owner of this beautiful Artisan Stand Mixer which I love! You cannot look at this mixer and be in a bad mood-it is such a happy color!
In other news- amazing 12 miler for T-Mart this morning. I am back up north and will be working for the next 4 days, so I decided to make this run a special treat by running in "the big city." This is the view from the beach where I parked:





It was great running along the water and through town and ended with a dip in the bay as pictured above. I am a big fan of summer and AM NOT looking forward to fall at all. I love running weather like this and it was great to savor it another day as well as run such a beautiful route.


After errands in town, I came home to a late lunch of a toasted rice bread slice, spread with raspberries and melted brie! Yum! On the side, carrots and wasabi peas complete with ketchup as always. Followed by unpictured grapes and banana chips. It was a great refueling meal!


After home in home chores, laying....errr....sleeping in the sun, I'm currently partaking in one of my favorite pleasures - in home foot soak! Yeah, it looks gross but I swear by this mixture for enlivening the worlds gross-est (ie my) feet! Warm water, oatmeal, and baking soda. Soak for 30 minutes then slather on foot lotion and big socks! Works like a charm!




Alright, I'm off to experiment with said mixer and some GF muffins. I'll let y'all know how they turn out!
Peace, Love, and RUNNING<
T-Mart





3 comments:

  1. wicked jelly about your beach run, mustve been a most excellent one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stand mixer (green is my favorite color)! I worked one summer just so I could put aside some money and buy one for myself. It's one the best purchases I have ever made! And brie is pretty amazing. I might try that foot soak. My feet need help! Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is hilarious that your graduation gift is exactly the same as mine! I've been wanting an artisan stand mixer since I was 12, and my parents are promising me one when I graduate! Too bad I have to wait 3 more years haha

    ReplyDelete