Thursday, August 27, 2009

Race Schedule and hungry afternoon!

Good day cyberspace!

Last night, in an effort to console/distract myself from my sad financial and employment situation, I finalized my race schedule for this fall! The only thing really standing in my way possibly from completing some of my planned races is money, but I'm hoping to use the rest of my graduation money and my tax refund from last year that I have so diligently saved, for the majority of the costs.

Alittle background on me - I've been a runner all my life (literally) and an all-state XC runner in high school. In the last few years I have been focusing on longer stuff, mainly marathons. In total I have run 5 marathons. I accomplished one of my life goals by running Boston last April which was one of the more humbling experiences of my life. This summer, I focused on increasing my milage to a peak of 80 miles per week, which I loved, while doing local races from 5Ks to half marathons. My current goal is to better my marathon PR, which stands from my third marathon over a year ago at 3:18:07. I also would like to break 1:30 in the half and complete an ultra at some point soon. Soooo, without further boredom....errr...stories:

My Race Schedule for Fall 2009!

September 13th : Chicago 1/2 Marathon

September 19th : Kensington Challenge 15K

September 26th : Run Woodstock 1/2 Marathon (trails)

October 4th : Brooksie Way 1/2 Marathon

October 18th : Detroit 1/2 Marathon (pacing dad!)

October 24th : Macinaw Island 1/2 Marathon (depending on finances)

November 22th : Philly MARATHON!

We'll see how this all plays out, but that is the plan for now!

In other news, today I have been super hungry. I made a delicious lunch of spinach and rice panackes with this great new GF pancake mix. The spinach was because I have a costco sized bag to use up! Yum-tastic.

Alrighty, back to work! I'm not really sure what it means to have "followers" so if you know/ want to be on my list that would be cool because I'm very new/inexperienced to the whole blog world thing and would love some insight and more blogs to read.

Happy Thursday All! :)

2 comments:

  1. ROE + blog = yeah! This is a great start! I couldn't keep up with mine, but I'll be interested to read about your training. You sure are running a lot of half marathons this fall! If money weren't so tight for me, I'd probably run more races as well. And hold your head up with the job search. I know tons of people our age who can't find anything. Yeah, it's depressing, but in time things will spring back! I hope your bakery interview went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog so far!

    i'm also running the chicago half on 9/13, it's my first half-marathon :)

    ReplyDelete