Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oregon Bound!

FINALLY, today is here- I seriously cannot believe it.  After a long day of listening to 7th graders do presentations in Science and reviewing with my high school classes for finals which start next week, I will be on a plane to OREGON!  I'm so pumped for tonite, I don't know how I'm going to focus on doing my job today.

This week has been full of the regular taper fun- having crappy runs and questioning the last 5 months of training.  Monday was very hot up north and I left at 11am without eating or drinking much and totally bonked- on a 7 mile run, not so promising.  Yesterday, I had a 5 miler filled with stomach cramps which never happens to me.  Hoping that all the junky runs are getting out of my system!  Today = rest.  Tomorrow = shake out 2 miler.  Saturday, I marathon!

I'm off to finish packing before this crazy day begins.  Hopefully I can pop in to blog from somewhere along the way.  If not, please think fast thoughts for me on Saturday between 7:00am PT and however long it takes me to finish.....

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this weekend! Oregon should have wonderful weather this time of the year.

    It's good to go ahead and get those bad runs out of your system. I'm in the peak week of training for my marathon. Unfortunately, the weather is becoming unbearable. Our temps have been hovering around 95-97 degrees with high humidity, and my runs have been rather sporadic (some really good and others really bad). Not the best for building confidence going into a race, but I keep telling myself to just do the best I can; rough runs are to be expected.

    I can't wait to read a race report! You'll do fantastic!

    ReplyDelete