Friday, May 27, 2011

2 months! Yikes!

Oh man oh man, I can't believe how long it has been!  Honestly, I think blogging is like alot of stuff in life (healthy eating, exercise) in that for whatever reason, after missing a few days, it becomes harder and harder to start again and therefore you continue to avoid it.  But, for whatever reason, here I am- writing an update and hoping to get back on the 'blogging wagon!'

So what has been going on?  Really, the reason I stopped blogging was because of some health issues I was having/trying to get figured out.  This made for a really rough March/April and I'm still not 100% with getting stuff sorted out.  With that said, things are much better.  My training took a hit during those months, although in hindsight, I still was training alot.  The last 6 or so weeks have been much better though- really in all areas.

Running first....
Right now, I'm up north!  Basically if you are a reader from before you know that this is my favorite place ever.  I haven't been up since Christmas!  What does this have to do with running?  Well, tomorrow I'm running the Bayshore 1/2 Marathon.  This is bittersweet because I've done the marathon at Bayshore for the past 3 years (1st year was my PR).  I decided after a disappointing race last year that I needed a break from the full marathon, but still wanted to support Bayshore because it is my 'hometown' marathon.  So I signed up.  As did my dad.  So tomorrow, I will be running it side by side with him, hoping to help him PR.  Why not go all-out for my PR?  Well, besides not being in shape for it right now....

...The Newport Marathon is in one week!!!  I'm seriously so pumped to be going all the way from Michigan to Oregon to run this marathon.  For a few weeks when I was the most sick, I was doubting I would even be able to do it, which was rough/depressing.  Now, I'm so grateful just to be able to get out there and toe the starting line.  I do have some expectations for the race, but also feel flexible with what I want out of it.  My training has been pretty solid lately, both pace wise and milage wise so I'm excited to see how it pans out.  All and all, it should be a good trip- I cannot wait!
Hmmm, what else?
I have 3 more official weeks of teaching before summer, although they are pretty low key in terms of review time and giving finals, plus a couple random days off in there.  I'm pumped for a break, but honestly that is just because I want to be up north!  I actually really like my job and the routine of it (other than the part where I commute 100 miles a day).

I'm also very involved in trying to get my business up and running.  I will be selling my own Gluten Free baked goods at Farmer's Markets in the area (along with still selling for the bakery I work for on Saturdays.)  There has been alot of time and money spent getting my recipes nailed down, the paper work sorted out, insurance, and buying supplies.  My first market as my own bakery will be in just 2 short weeks on June 11th!  I've been waiting years to have the opportunity to do this as my main 'job' so I'm pumped to get started.

Other than that, I'm already thinking about my summer training plans post-Newport.  Although I don't think Newport is going to be my PR day, I feel like I'm on track with my training and body and am getting close to being able to make it happen soon.  This summer, I want to be running 100ish mile weeks again and really get my body responding to the work I put in.  My work schedule will be interesting with the markets and driving up north, but I'm really psyched for the whole she-bang.  It should be a good summer! :)

Thanks for checking back on my blog!  I promise not to fall off the face of the earth again, now that I've got my health *alittle* more sorted out.

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! You're still alive :D Haha. Have fun racing with your dad at Bayshore! And good luck with your bakery and Newport Marathon! I thought about signing up for Newport, but opted for something a little bit later. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete